Thursday, March 22, 2012

BANG


I was walking along Merrion Row, minding my own business, when the above mural caught my eye.

My first reaction was to wonder who would paint a mural so high up on a side wall in a side lane. My second reaction was to wonder what graffiti merchant would bother to climb up so high to deface it.

When I got home I checked it out. In the first place, it is not defaced. It is meant to be like that from the beginning. In fact the blank faced aristocrat also appears in other parts of town. In the second place, the complete mural was painted by a man who started out as a graffiti artist and is now busy establishing himself as an artist, tout court.

He is Conor Harrington, originally from Cork and now living in London. And this is what the piece would look like if you could see it close up and on the level.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.