Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Jerrybird


I always thought birds were great builders - ingenuity, persistence, attention to detail. I have watched them over the years collecting twigs to build their nests and siting these in the most amazing places.

But now? Clearly even the birds have been affected by the hubris of the property boom and like some builders have taken their eye off the ball and started cutting corners.

The nest above, a pretty massive one, had parted company with its host tree and come crashing down among the daffodils on St. Patrick's day.

If I were a cuckoo I would get a professional survey done before I dropped my eggs in anyone else's nest in the future.

You just can't trust anyone anymore.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.