Monday, February 10, 2020

RANDOMNESS


I was very taken with this school's demo of how STV PR works. I said so in my comment. Before making it I looked at the comments already there and noted that some of them were critical of the demo as an over simplification of the process. So I included in my comment a reference to maths & randomness to make it clear that I understood the ramifications of the system and that my compliment was coming from an informed source.

You can see the video here.

However I was then challenged on my reference to randomness by a lady with direct experience of the count. You can follow the exchange below.













My last comment, above, was in reply to a further tweet from Liv who assured me she was familiar with the system and wished me goodbye.

Her tweet is not reproduced as it was at this point that she blocked me (see below) and I have neither the motivation nor the energy at this stage to go round the block and retrieve it.


I'm not often blocked, as far as I know, so this is one worth recording.

[Update: I have deleted my tweets, bar the first one, as I understand that this ridiculous interchange thread may get in the way of others' appreciation of this gem of a video. I assume Liv's replies remain but I cannot see them as I am blocked. Over to her.

If Liv wishes to comment, or continue the discussion, I am wide open to facilitate this in the comments section below.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.