Sunday, December 09, 2018

WINTER LIGHTS DUBLIN 2018


Click on any image for a larger version

I am calling these Winter Lights because that's what it says on the can. I would have no problem calling them Christmas lights if that's what they were but I don't see why I should be forced to do so.

There are others around the city but these are the only ones I've passed by so far. If I pass by more I will add them in.

CUSTOM HOUSE




How can this not remind us of the burning of the Custom House on 25 May 1921?






CITY HALL





TRINITY COLLEGE





I hesitate to combine the university and snowflakes in the one shot. It reminds me of the current intolerance and illiberality sweeping through university campuses with its no platforming and safe spaces.

A university is supposed to be a place of learning (active verb) and not a soviet style brainwshing centre.



Goldsmith



Burke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.