Friday, November 11, 2022

ALO FLOOD CSSp

Abuser Alo Flood

I thought I'd had my fill with Morgan Costello. But just this week I find there was a serious clerical abuser in Ballybrack parish in my time, Fr. Patrick Hughes. I had little or no contact with the parish at the time.

Now I find in all the ghastly revelations about the Holy Ghost fathers in Blackrock that a cousin of mine, my aunt's husband's nephew, Fr. Alo Flood, was a serious serial abuser in Blackrock College / Willow Park, and likely in St. Michaels.
There was “Brian” who still cannot bring himself to discuss what was done to him by Fr Aloysius Flood and Fr Senan Corry at Willow Park School in the 1970s. “My life changed when I was woken up one night and seriously sexually assaulted by Flood. I was a pious, innocent 11 year old asleep in my bed, boarding at Willow Park. I had no idea what was going on.” Fr Flood and Fr Corry “were rapacious”, said Brian. “They roamed freely at night. I was abused by both, as so many others were too.”
[...]
Fr Patrick Aloysius Flood: From Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo, Fr Patrick Aloysius Flood was a former student of Blackrock College. He was appointed as a teacher at Willow Park in the primary section of the school in 1960 and worked in various roles until 1977. One past pupil recalls being woken up one night and seriously sexually assaulted by Flood. “I was a pious, innocent 11-year-old asleep in my bed, boarding at Willow Park. I had no idea what was going on.” Fr Flood was later appointed principal of St Michael’s in 1977 before returning to Blackrock College in 1983 as dean of the boarding school. He spent a number of years as a curate in Dalkey parish in the 1990s. He died in 2013.
Source
And he also abused his niece in the West of Ireland.

Like most of these abusers his funeral in 2013 was private or whatever and, like Costello, there is no reference to him in RIP.IE.

I only met him once briefly, and my wife, who had an uncanny knack of summing up people in an instant, didn't like him. He appeared arrogant and full of himself and on that occasion downright rude.

To cap it all, his poor niece is apologising to people he abused having herself been abused by him.

The damage these bastards do is incalculable.

Here's hoping St. Peter saw through him at the Pearly Gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.