Saturday, February 15, 2020

NEUROSCIENCE AT THE PHARMACY

Click on any image for a larger version

I was on my way to Liz's talk when I decided to drop in to Sweny's Pharmacy and get some more bars of soap.

Apart from the family connection (with the soap!), "my producer", Sue Cahill in Newstalk, was very appreciative of the bar I gave her at my last session on Talking History.

So, I thought, get one or two more, but not so many as to devalue it as a special gift.

While I was there, PJ Murphy suggested I should come back at 18:30 on 6 March next when there would be a session of Poetry and Song, with a sprinkling of Joyce.

When I asked him for details he suggested I speak to Max, who was behind the other counter and who was involved in the night.

Max, who is Italian, and who would be reading some of his poetry on the night, filled me in. The theme then would be "Sweet Dreams", from the title of the Eurythmics hit. It would not be all sunshine and there would be dark moments.

So if you're around then, do drop in.

I said I'd tweet it which I am about to do.



Max Bianchi

Max gave me some links to his poetry and when I followed them up I found he was not only a poet but a fully fledged neuroscientist.



PJ singing a song as Gaeilge
for two visiting Americans from Ohio


I'm sure we'll also have a song or two from PJ on the night.

Amazing who you meet in town when you stop rushing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.