Sunday, May 12, 2019

IRELAND THROUGH THE LENS


RED SKY AT NIGHT
Click on any image for a larger version

The latest exhibition in my local library is from the Sutton Camera Club and there are some very nice photos on display. I'm including here just a few that caught my eye for various reasons.

The one above is a most unusual shot of Killiney Bay. Congratulations to photographer Paul Hallam.



TIME LINE

This one is from James Collender and it looks like a station or market, in Cork perhaps. It was the lines and tones that attracted me to this.

[Update: I thought it might have been Cork because that's on the clock. But Brian Goggin and Felix Larkin were in like a shot to tell me it's in the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre in Dublin.]



SAINT ANNE'S

This structure and pond in St. Anne's always make for a good photo and Sean McShane has captured it well.



MERRY CHRISTMAS

A wet and illuminated Grafton St. at Christmas is always good for an atmospheric shot. Here from Armen Sarkissian.



GOUGANE BARRA

A subtle shot from Paul Fay on the West Cork border.



RATHMINES CHURCH

An unusual, rear, angle on Rathmines Church from Michael Leahy.

This is where I took my day shot from when going for the digits "77" in the top right brickwork around the big window. But that's another story.

Before I say any more I should apolgise to the photographers. Their photos are of a much higher quality than I can reproduce here.

Do drop in to Raheny library for a better and more comprehensive look at the exhibition which is on till the end of the month.

All the prints are for sale. The club secretary is
Margaret Fay, email: suttoncommittee@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. I think that Time Line might be Stephen's Green shopping centre https://www.yelp.ie/biz_photos/stephens-green-shopping-centre-dublin?select=GSyCV0xVd83M_4X0tI4JAw

    bjg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed the clock in St Stephen Green.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Brian.

    Felix Larkin has just said the same thing to me.

    I'll tweak the post thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.