Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Michael Edwards


Click any image for a larger version

Michael Edwards is a photographer and he has a shop in the Donaghmede Shopping Centre in North Dublin. I was in the centre today and happened to see this notice in the window of the shop next door to his.

So, in I went.


There were certainly well over a hundred photos on display and they varied from the fantastic to the banal. I think I had seen some of them before, as some of the clubs have their own exhibitions which travel round the local libraries.

This jumbo exhibition, however, was a mighty venture.

Two photos, in particular appealed to me.


The naturalness of this photo with the lady sharing the newspaper with the street sculpture man in the main street in Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo, really made me smile. It's by Peter Bates from the Howth Photographic Club.

I had seen the statue when I was chasing up my family history in the town in 2007.


This one also made me smile. Reminded me of Beckett, I think. And I used to work across the road from O'Donoghues pub, though I think I was in it only the once. The photo is by Patrick O'Leary from the An Oige Camera Club.

Anyway, full marks to Michael for his exhibition. It's great to see this happening locally. You could spend most of a day looking around this exhibition and, as Dermot Edwards said to me, the great thing is that the subject matter is open, so the variety of topics dealt with and the style of that dealing was enormous.

As you can see below, you still have another five days to get yourself to the Donaghmede Shopping Centre to check it out.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.