Monday, May 08, 2017

BROOK ART


Martello Tower Sutton - oil NFS
Sheila Flynn
Click on any image for a larger version

This tower is following me around. Two days ago it was a photo exhibition in Coolock Library, today it's an art exhibition in Raheny Library.

The art is from the Brook Art Group in Donaghmede, and, as in the photo exhibition, I'm just drawing attention to some pictures that caught my attention. There are plenty more, so if you are in the area between now and 27 May, do drop in and have a look.



Ballaghaderreen - acrylic NFS
Breeda Culhane

I've been to Ballaghderreen. Arrived there at 8am for a 10am meeting. Everywhere was closed. Had to go to Ballyhaunis to get a cup of coffee. The locals never heard the end of it from me when they finally opened up shop and I had a go at them.

It looks like the Group also had an outing to Ballaghderreen, and this, unusually, gives us a chance to look at three slightly different interpretations of the same scene. Probably a bit more picturesque than the Dillon House where I had my meeting.



Winter Scene - oil €95
Jackie Daly



Lamplight in the Snow - oil €50
Valerie Gannon



Dunguaire Castle Kinvara - oil €80
Margaret Briscoe

And finally, this lonely pile, Dunguaire Castle,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bona fide comments only. Spamming, Trolling, or commercial advertising will not be accepted.